Admission Requirements for courses.
- The education system curriculum used in the University of Calgary is the Alberta curriculum.
- The average admission score estimated for any course at the University of Calgary is “low 80s”.
- There is the Indigenous Admissions Category for applicants where students who have identified as Indigenous on their application form, will be automatically be considered under the Indigenous Admissions process.
- There is also the Diverse Qualifications Category. This category is for students who have done exceptionally well outside the academic sector. For students who have overcome a lot of hardships outside the educational sector of the University community. Up to 1% of this category of students can be picked annually from the undergraduates students’ lists.
- Students must be ready to meet up with the English proficiency requirements.
- Students is suppose to have a permanent resident or be a citizen of Canada to meet all requirements for admission to the University of Calgary
- Students must provide the contact details of two of the references stated/submitted.
- Students must provide transcripts from their high school and post secondary institutions that were attended.
English Language Proficiency
- The High School Studies.: Showing proficiency in the English Language through the High school method entails that the student must have finished spending 3 years at an accredited Canadian, American, or British Curricula high school with English Language being the primary language at the school or the high school should be in an approved English speaking country by the University of Calgary.
- The English Language Test Scores.: Perhaps your high school does not fulfill the high school requirements stipulated by the University, you can take approved English Language tests and present the test scores. You must meet the minimum test score which is stated in the University of Calgary academic calendar. The school code for the TOEFL exam is 0813.
- ACC (Academic Communication Certificate).: This is for students that are still English learner’s and wish to study at the University. If you are able to complete the ACC by the end of summer term, you could be considered for admission.
- Other things to know about Admission Requirements.
- Also, there are a list of approved courses of which applying students must have credit in up to four or five of them. The courses are;
Aboriginal Studies, a 5 credit language/culture course, Biology, Chemistry, CTS Computers Advanced, Fine Arts (which includes Art, Choral Music, Drama, Dance, etc), Mathematics, Physical Education, Physics, Science and social studies. All courses submitted must be picked from any of the above.
- It is very important to know that all individual degree programs have their own specific admission requirements. For example, courses like Accounting, Law, Geology, Business administration etc. all have individual requirements for course combinations and options.It is advised that you visit www.ucalgary.ca to check the admission requirements specific to your course or program.
How To Apply?
Popular Courses at University of Calgary.
- Study at University of Ottawa
- Study in Canada: MS Computer Science at McGill University
- Scholarships to Study in Canada