There are a number of scholarships that the Canadian government offers to students and graduates. In this article, we will list a number of those scholarships for Colleges in Canada and how you can apply for each one of them. We will also tell you the ways in which you can submit the application successfully and expect high probability of approval or acceptance.
Let’s look at a list of Scholarships for Colleges in Canada below;
- Eligible students must be studying research oriented courses at the University of Waterloo (graduate programs)
- Applying students must have a study permit that is valid for Canada.
- Fees for a term for Master’s degree is valued at $2,045 while for the PhD program, it is valued at $4,090 per term.
- Eligible students must not be receiving any external awards or scholarships. This University of Waterloo International scholarship is strictly for students going for Master’s and PhD programs. You can visit https://uwaterloo.ca to search for the many scholarship awards available to students by the University of Waterloo. A few of the Scholarships awarded by the University of Waterloo are;
- Devani charities graduate engineering Entrance Scholarship worth $1,500
- Alan Plumtree Graduate scholarship in Mechanical & Mechatronics engineering worth over $20,000
- Stantec Graduate scholarship in civil engineering which is worth $3,000 and so on. Visit the website link given above to see more of the Scholarships available by University of Waterloo in Canada.
- The minimum GPA is 3.75 for the last 2 years of whichever program (whether Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral) at a recognized University in the world. Students in the college of medicine program and the Master of Business Administration programs cannot apply for this Fellowship program.
How to apply?
- Eligible students must have had first class (above 80%) in each of the past 2 school years.
- Students must provide transcripts from their post secondary institutions.
- This particular scholarship program is also used to screen students for the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in science and technology (QEII-GSST)
- The QEII-GSST is also valued at $15,000 a year.
- After the student has been screened and is successful, they have the option to take either one of the scholarships for a minimum of 2 terms. The OGS is a very prestigious scholarship program and selection is based on many factors of which a key factor is academic excellence.
- This particular award values at $26,500 for Master’s degree for a duration of 2 years , the “Alberta awards” is also for PhD students in the previously mentioned ICT fields for up to 4 years. You can visit http://grad.ucalgary.ca to see more.
- This award is a yearly award. And also, only first year and second year students of the department above are eligible.
- Every year, up to 15 of the Trudeau Foundation scholarships are awarded to students and its annual value is up to $60,000 per scholar for up to 3 years. Only a limited number of foreign or permanent resident students can apply up to one in four scholars.
- To know more about how to apply for this scholarship, visit www.trudeaufoundation.ca to find more official information about the scholarship.
- You can visit https://www.sfu.ca for more information on the Bursaries and Scholarships available at Simon Frasier University.