The University of Oxford Clarendon Scholarship is available for international students seeking admission into the United Kingdom. The scholarship is specifically for those pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. The 2023 scholarship does not require a special application.
You will be automatically considered for an Oxford Clarendon Scholarship if you apply for a full-time or part-time Master’s or DPhil at Oxford by the pertinent January deadline for your degree. There are 130 brand-new, fully funded scholarships available to students of all nationalities.
Details of the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship 2023
- Nation: UK
- Host: The University of Oxford
- Degree Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Scholarships Awarded: 170
- Study Center: UK
- Deadline: January 6, 2023
- Academic Session: Starting in October 2023.
- Target group: All applicants from any country
- Acceptable Subjects: A Clarendon Scholarship can be used to pay for any topic. There are no preferences or subject-specific quotas for any single course type. All Master’s programs—MSt, MSc, BCL/MJur, MBA, MFE, MPhil, BPhil, MSc by Research, MTh—both full-time and part-time, as well as all DPhil programs—are included in this.
Oxford Clarendon Scholarship Validity Duration
The Oxford Clarendon Scholarship is available for a period of one or two years, while the Clarendon Doctoral scholarship will last for three to four years.
In addition to providing over 170 brand-new, fully-funded scholarships each year to support deserving graduate students, Clarendon also gives students the chance to become a part of one of Oxford’s most vibrant, diverse, and cosmopolitan communities.
Oxford Clarendon Scholarship Financial Coverage
If you are able to complete the registration for your course before the stipulated deadline, you will be considered immediately for Clarendon. Clarendon offers fully financed scholarships that include both the course fees and a living expense stipend during the time that the fees are being paid.
An annual maintenance pension will be given to fellows, which typically covers all of a single student’s living expenditures at Oxford. You should anticipate receiving at least £15,009 in 2023.
The study area, shared residence, or nationality are all unrestricted. All undergraduate and graduate courses are taken on a full- or part-time basis are eligible.
Also Read: How to Get a Scholarship with a Low GPA in 2023
How to Apply for the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship
To be a recipient of the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship, you have to submit an online application for your course. The department will determine your graduation place, and will also inform you of the outcome. Visit the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship official application page to access the application procedures.
Requirements & Selection Criteria for the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship
The requirements and selection criteria for the Oxford Clarendon Scholarship depend majorly on the subject area and whether candidates are applying for a taught or research degree but even still there may be some moderations in the selection, some of which are;
- A strong academic record is important: A high first-class honors degree or its equivalent, or an exceptional academic record at the Master’s level, is required (noting that an outstanding Master’s degree can make up for a moderate first-degree performance; a GPA of at least 3.7 is required if the mark is out of 4, although most successful candidates achieve a score higher than 3.7).
- Additional proof of excellent academic accomplishment may be found in publications, prior university honors or awards, individual grades on student transcripts, and information on your overall standing within your cohort (if applicable).
- Examining academic references, the research plan, shown evidence of an aptitude for research, and the possibility that the scholar will make a substantial contribution to their field of study can help determine a student’s aptitude for the suggested course of study.
- Student motivation is examined by the personal statement and references’ recommendations, which provide proof of the applicant’s dedication to the proposed course.
How to Improve your Chances of Getting a Scholarship
How can I make sure my scholarship application stands out? you may be wondering. Here are ten methods to accomplish it.
1. Maintain Organization
Ensuring proper organization is important when submitting applications for grants and scholarships. Whether it’s an athletic scholarship, a merit scholarship, or a grant for college, you’ll probably have to submit a number of paperwork. Typically, applications for scholarships call for transcripts, letters of recommendation, and even an essay.
2. Ask for Recommendation Letters in advance
Make sure to inquire at least four weeks in advance if you need letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, coaches, bosses, classmates, or anybody else. They will have plenty of time to finish it because of this. You should offer them a file with all of your personal details, accomplishments, honors, details about the scholarship, leadership activity, and a résumé to make the process easier for them.
Even if the scholarship doesn’t demand one, you can be given the choice to include additional pertinent documents in your application. Your chances of making a positive impression on the scholarship committee can be increased with a strong letter of recommendation.
3. Pay Close Attention to the Requirements and Details
Many scholarships offer rules for submitting your application, such as formatting requirements for essays, additional submission deadlines, or required attachments. Your application’s chances of being accepted or rejected can depend on how closely you follow instructions and conditions. Make sure you are adhering to the guidelines and conditions of the scholarship by checking them again.
4. Avoid Pasting Copied and Pasted Essays.
Every scholarship essay is unique, as are the prompts. Because of this, it’s crucial that you DON’T reuse your scholarship essays. Essays will need to demonstrate your various objectives and who you are. Even if you make minor edits to previously published pieces, such as changing names and dates, the judges could still be able to discern that you didn’t create a unique piece of writing specifically for them.
5. Recognize Your Sponsor
This is crucial to adding personality to your essay. Do your homework on the scholarship’s sponsor. It could be a corporation, cult, brand, small business, financial aid office, or even a specific person. Learn about their goals, activities, causes, donations, and any other details that can be useful. This foundational information can assist you in tailoring your essay to that organization, creating a more distinctive composition.
6. Highlight What Makes You Special
Many scholarships are awarded depending on the uniqueness of the candidate. A remarkable essay will be greatly aided by the expression of your distinctive hobbies and points of view. Share the events and hobbies that make YOU special.
The experiences you share need not be restricted to only your senior year. High school sports are popular, but perhaps you offered to help coach young athletes. Many college students work part-time jobs, but perhaps you established a workplace giving campaign. Think about what you can say about yourself that most people can’t.
7. Be passionate and Individualistic.
Making your essay personable and passionate is a fantastic thing to bear in mind when writing scholarship essays. Share your thoughts, emotions, and unique experiences. Try not to dwell on the fact that you chose to work in healthcare perhaps because you lost a parent to illness. Instead, concentrate on how your struggles helped to make you who you are now.
Also Read: Acceptance Rate at Yale University 2023
8. Display Your Professionalism
Be professional in all of your interactions with scholarship sponsors, including in your essay, application, phone contact, and interview. Make sure you’re paying attention to how your work conveys tone.
9. Check Your Work for Errors Before Submitting
When writing your scholarship essay and submitting all other required paperwork, proofreading is a crucial step. Verify that you have answered the prompt correctly and make any necessary grammar and spelling corrections.
10. Compliment them with a Letter
There should be one more step once you locate and submit an application for a scholarship. Thank the scholarship provider for their time and attention with a thank-you note. The gesture alone can mean a lot; there is no need for it to be overly formal. Sending a personalized thank you demonstrate your gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity to be taken into consideration. Don’t forget to thank the people that sent your recommendation letters as well!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the criteria for Clarendon Scholarship?
What is Clarendon Scholarship UK 2022?
I received a scholarship; can I stay in the UK after my studies?
After successfully completing an undergraduate or master’s degree, international students may request to stay in the UK for up to two years. Graduates with a Ph.D. may seek a three-year extension.
How can I increase my chances of getting a full scholarship?