There is no doubt about it. Australia is a great nation for education. Whether you are an international student that is looking at studying in Australia, we will just tell you this, “You are in safe hands if you study in Australia especially Information Technology in Australia.” Yes. Australia is a very peaceful country. Australia’s universities are some of the best ranked in the whole world.
Australia is the 3rd most preferred study destination among foreign students according to a survey. So, when you are an international student that wants to study a course in Information Technology field, you are even in safer hands! Why is this? We will look at the benefits of doing your (IT) Information Technology in Australia but first, let us look at what IT (Information Technology) really means.
What is Information Technology?
Information Technology is the usage of computers and other technological products to create, store, disseminate, process and present information. Information Technology is under the tree of ICT. And there is a whole large world under Information Technology. We will look at some of the courses under IT in this article. But before that, let us look at some of the benefits of studying an IT course in Australia; Information Technology in Australia.
Benefits of Studying Information Technology in Australia
1. There are enough jobs in the Australian technology industry. If you study an IT course in Australia; Information Technology in Australia, and you stay back in Australia to work, there are lots of job opportunities that are being created everyday in the IT industry in Australia.
Up to 33,000 new jobs in the Information Technology world have been created in the past 3 years alone in Australia. The point of going for a degree is to find job opportunities to make ends meet. A career in IT in Australia is a more confident way of securing your financial future. Because you are more likely to land a job faster than in other fields.
2. High Salaries
You have probably heard that those in the tech industry take home lots of cash. Well, it is not a myth. When you choose a career in IT especially in Australia; Information Technology in Australia, you are likely to land an IT job with high salary. The IT industry in Australia is one of the highest income. The salary that most tech employees take home is way higher than that of other fields.
3. Fast Job Growth
Jobs in the STEM industry are growing two times more than jobs in other fields in Australia and even all over the world. This means that whether you choose to work in Australia or elsewhere in the world, there will always be enough employable jobs in the sector.
Information Technology courses to study in Australia
Now, let us look at some of the Information Technology courses offered by universities in Australia. You should know that there are VET (Vocational Education and Training) courses that you can enroll for in Australia. It is not only Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees that are available for learning IT. Some of the courses in IT in Australia; Information Technology in Australia include:
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Foundation Web Design and Software Development
- Cloud Computing Technologies and more.
Selecting the Right University
Now that you have an idea of the type of courses offered under Information Technology, let us look at top Australian universities to pursue a degree in Information Technology; Information Technology in Australia. Only some of the Australian universities are listed below. All of Australia’s 43 universities have courses in Information Technology.
- University of South Australia has Masters and Bachelors degree courses under the IT Field.
- The University of New South Wales also has IT courses.
- Monash University has top IT courses for you as well.
Universities like, The University of Melbourne, CQUniversity Australia, and more all have undergraduate degrees, diplomas and post-graduate degrees under the Information Technology field. Picking an Australian university to study in, is ultimately up to you.
Requirements for Admission
- Proof of English proficiency
- Excellent academic performance in undergraduate or high school level.
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Meet Health Insurance requirements
- Minimum GPA set by the university you applied to, if you are a post-graduate applicant.
- Birth certificate, Passport and more.
The university you apply to, will have specific admission requirements that are unique to the institution. So, check your institution’s website or contact them for more information.
What are the employment opportunities when you are done with your IT course in Australia?
With a degree or diploma in an IT course, you might be able to work as a computer network architect, web developer, Information Security Analyst, Computer Programmer, and so much more. We dare say that, the job opportunities are boundless.
- THE AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
- Student VISA requirement for Australia
- How to get a Scholarships To Study in Australia
Having said all this, we believe that we have given you all the basic information you should know about opting for an IT program in Australia; Information Technology in Australia as a foreign student. You can visit the official Australian foreign student website guide at www.studyinaustralia.gov.au for more information.