Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work 2023
Many Universities around the world are presently offering Master’s degrees in social work and are providing full funding. The implication is that students will not just receive monthly stipends for living expenses alone, but are also exempted from paying any tuition fee. If you desire to pursue social work as a career, then this article is for you as it explains the MSW Scholarship programs that are presently available and that you can apply for.
What You Should Know About MSW Scholarships
Master’s in social work students receives financial help by taking advantage of MSW Scholarships. A plethora of MSW scholarships is on offer from different organizations. Some are merit-based, some financial-need-based, and different criteria exist in choosing the beneficiaries of this scholarship award.
The NASW Foundation Scholarship Program, the NASW-NYC Chapter Scholarship, and the NASW-LA Chapter Scholarship are three scholarship possibilities provided by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for students seeking postgraduate degrees in social work. Each of the three scholarships has a maximum value of $5,000 and is given out based on merit and financial need.
A master’s degree in social work is mainly all about conducting research on social issues and general human behavior.
Students who have this degree can work in different sectors including community groups, schools, hospitals, and mental health clinics.
Pursuing a career in social work provides individuals as well as communities an avenue to advance their social and economic well-being. Individuals can benefit from receiving counseling, emotional support, and important information from social workers. And communities stand to enjoy input from social workers in solving societal issues.
Also Read: Top Scholarships and Deadline 2023-2024
A List of Fully-Funded Masters Scholarships in Social Work
The following is a list of MSW scholarships program that are available for students (both fully funded and partial funding).
1. The Indian Health Service Health Professionals Scholarship – Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: Full tuition and fees
The Indian Health Service health professionals scholarship is available to candidates from the federally recognized tribe who desires to pursue clinical practice in the MSW program. The GPA requirement is a minimum of 2.0. and recipients of this award are required to engage in one year of community service for every year of funding.
2. The Truman Scholarship – Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: Up to $30,000
The Truman scholarship is a merit-based scholarship award and it honors public service leadership abilities. Undergraduate students that are interested in this scholarship award, must speak with the faculty representative of their school in their Junior year.
3. The Consuelo W. Gosnell Memorial Scholarship – Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: Up to $4,000
Thus award is for MSW candidates who desire to work with Spanish- or Latino-speaking or American Indian/Alaska Native populations. The GPA requirement is a minimum of 3.0
4. The National Association of Black Social Workers Scholarships – Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: Up to $2,500
A number of advantages are available to full-time student members of the National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) who are enrolled in an accredited social work school. A 2.5 GPA or better is required, and applicants must be Black Americans.
5. The National Association of Junior Assistant Scholarship – Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: varies
This grant is open to graduate students who want to work closely with children and young people. Candidates must be state residents and have a junior assistant chapter (i.e., Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, or Tennessee).
6. The Verne LaMarr Lyons Memorial Scholarship -Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: $5,500 ($4,000 for student university and $1,500 for conference attendance and leadership development)
This scholarship is open to NASW members who are interested in working in African American communities and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Recipients are required to enroll in an approved MSW program.
7. The Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award -Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: $900 (between one and five annual awards shall be made)
- Application Deadline: July 31st for Fall applications or December 15th for Spring application
The Senior Planning Social Work and Eldercare award, just as the name implies is for Seniors in high school or undergraduates with less than 90 credits who are US citizens or permanent residents.
8. The Melanie Foundation Scholarship -Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: $2,500
- Application Deadline: March 5th of each year
The Melanie Foundation scholarship is for candidates that are already on their way to bagging a doctorate or master’s degree in mental health, including social work.
Read Also: Best Medical Schools in Alabama in 2023
9. The Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship -Fully Funded Masters Scholarship in Social Work
- Scholarship Coverage: $1,500
- Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
Students who are currently in their senior year of high school, undergraduates, or graduate students, and who intend to attend full-time in an approved two-year or four-year college or university in the United States are eligible to apply. Students interested in pursuing professions in health, wellness, or fitness are also eligible for this prize.