What does the Australian Awards Scholarships cover the scholar?
- The full tuition fees of the scholar.
- The (OSHC) Overseas Student Health Cover, this means that the scholar will be covered for basic health and medical costs for the time period of the scholarship program. This does not mean that if the scholar had pre-existing conditions then they will be covered. The OSHC is only for basic medical costs.
- The return flight expenses.
- The housing or establishment allowance of the scholar.
- The scholarship also contributes to the living expenses of the scholar.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP).
- The PCE fees.
- The scholarship will also cover the scholar for fieldworks which is most times compulsory for Master’s students for their research.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years or older and they should clock 18 years by February 1st of the year that they started the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the Participating Countries (more on this later) and must be residing in and applying from the same country.
- The applicant should not be a citizen of Australia, the applicant must not have a permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a Visa that permits them to live in Australia permanently.
- The applicant must not be married to or engaged to a person who has or is eligible to have Australian or New Zealand citizenship.
- The applicant must not be currently serving in the millitary or be a millitary personnel.
- The applicant must not have been a recipient of a long term scholarship award in Australia. And if they had been, they must have stayed outside Australia for twice the amount of time they had the scholarship award in Australia.
- The applicant should be able to meet all the requirements prescribed by the Department of Home Affairs for a foreigner to hold a Student Visa. So, if an applicant has been offered the award but does not meet the Student Visa requirements, the award will be withdrawn.
How To Apply For Australia Awards Scholarships
- You should first check the opening and closing dates for applying for scholarship in your country. Also, check the list of participating countries on their website to make sure that your country is allowed to participate. There are also specific information for each country so make sure you check for your country.
- You are mandated as an applicant to read the handbook called Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook . The handbook is usually frequently updated. The handbook is also available on their website at www.dfat.gov.au for full information.
- Also, depending on the country you are from, you might need to apply either with hard copy applications or via online processes. Once you click on your country’s specific eligibility requirements and application method, you will be able to tell.
- To apply, go to the OASIS (Online Australia Scholarships Information System) at https://oasis.dfat.gov.au to begin the process. After you have answered the necessary questions to prove your eligibility to apply, you will be given your unique registration number, password and username. The good part is, you can set up a draft application form right there and keep updating it from time to time. Also, you should update the necessary supporting documents to it as well.Depending on the closing date for your country, you should submit your application before then.
- You can also apply via mail too. Visit their website for more information.
- Also, there are PDF documents on the scholarship website that outline all the supporting documents you will need to apply.
- Masters in Canada – A Guide for 2020 | Scholarships Info
- How To Find and Apply For Scholarships for Colleges in Canada
- The Best MBA In Canada: Types of MBA in Canada | Top Universities |The Complete Guide
And we are here to help! We took our 10+ years of experience delivering scholarship services and turned it into a platform for people just like you.
We accelerate you through every step of the process — packaging, and most importantly, delivering the service. We call it guided Scholarships and it’s your Scholarship-based business in a box solution.